Monday, October 19, 2009

New Olde Cupboard & Projects

Good morning and Happy Monday friends! What a beautiful, sunny day today in my little corner of Maine. I'm hoping to get outside today to finish cleaning up gardens and planters. I'll still need to bundle up as it's quite cold today and I'm not a fan of cold weather, so you can be sure I'll have many warm layers on.

Last week I mentioned that my sweetie and I built a cupboard. He hung it up for me yesterday and I've been having fun playing around with what I'm going to put in it and how to decorate it. Keeping in mind that I'm also getting ready for our open house, so much of our own belongings get put away to make room for the goods that I'm selling, so it's all just temporary for now until after the open house, which by the way is Saturday & Sunday, November 7-8th from 9:00am - 4:00pm. If you're in the area of looking for a day trip, I'd absolutley love for you to come!! I would so love to meet some blogging friends and this craft open house is always worth the trip. There are 5 homes involved this year and we're all so excited because of the great response we had last year from our visitors. We are a group of several crafting friends who open our homes up for the weekend (on the same weekend) so you can go from one house to the next browsing everyone's homemade goods. We're all within 5 miles of each other, so the trip is not burdensome and we provide maps at each of our homes to all the locations for your convenience. If you're interested in coming, please leave a comment or send me an e-mail and I'll get you directions if you need them or you can simply enter 400 Morse Rd., New Gloucester, Me. on your GPS. I'll also be mailing out invitations so if you'd like to get one in the mail, I'll do that as well.

With that being said, are you ready to see the cupboard we made?? Well wait no longer, here it is in all it's glory.




I'd like to find a tea towel to drape over the cupboard door but for now I just used a scrap piece of stained fabric over the door which softens it up a bit.

The gameboard on the left is one that I made last week.

Well, what do you think? Did he do good?? I think he did. It took him less time to build it than it did for me to paint it and finish it. Yes, this is for the open house sale as well although, he promised me he'd build me another one if it sells.

******************************

I've also been working on making up some signs and gameboards for the open house. Here's some pictures of them.







This is a set of stacking boxes I painted up for the open house.

I've been working on many other projects for the open house too, but I need to have some surprises for my visitors, so you'll have to wait for me to take pictures of the house all set up to see more.

Well, sorry this is a short post today, but I've got lots to do and little time to accomplish it in. Have a great week! God Bless you all and thanks for stopping by for a visit. I do hope you'll leave me with a comment as I love to hear from you all! Hugs~ Birgit