Friday, January 8, 2010

Simple Wynter Pleasures #6

My Simple Wynter Pleasures for today are...


Taking a long wynter nap





Snuggling





Relaxing by the fire





Having the best seat in the house





Owning the remote control



Glory's got Christopher pinned! He's got the remote control now! (hahahaha evil cat laugh)


A gentle massage



Oh! You thought I meant me? Not a chance! while these guys have been relaxing and having fun I've been redoing our bedroom over. I removed the old country wallpaper border and am in the process of repainting the trim a warmer color. Shaker beige is what it's called and I like it so much better than the cold, stark white that we had for 10 years.

I've done the same color trim throughout most of the house but never did our bedroom because there was always some other project that needed doing. I finally jumped on the remodel bandwagon and am doing something about our bedroom.

While I'm still painting, maybe you clever decorating gals can help me out with some ideas on what to do with this big French door we have in our bedroom.


You can still see some of the border up there that I've removed. I need to take down the brackets to get this last strip of paper off the wall. Anyhoo, I had country blue blinds up and I'm going with different colors, so the blue is out. Any ideas what I can do for some privacy and primness? Oh, and yes the doors are now painted Shaker beige too.

Please leave me your ideas and possibly links to some pictures of what you'd do in here. Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'm taking the weekend off from blogging so I'll be back on Monday with more Simple Wynter Pleasures. Have a great weekend friends! Hugs~ Birgit