Anyway, as I mentioned in my title as well as in a previous post, that I had some exciting news. It's exciting to me anyway. Some of you probably already know the news that I'm going to share with you but that's okay too. Are you ready? Here it goes....
My name was chosen as the winner of the Crazy Ladies Primitives give away!!!
To me, that's very exciting news because I never win anything. I did win a green Tupperware colander once when I was a little girl, at the penny fair with my mom. My mom said it was time to go and I said we couldn't go yet because they hadn't called my name yet as a winner. My mom thought I was crazy but she let us stay longer and sure enough, they called my name. I didn't know what I had won at the time but it didn't matter. They called my name over the intercom and I had been a winner! My mom used that green colander for years and years for as long as I could remember. She still laughs when she tells that story how certain I was that I was going to win something.
Anyway, that being said, the package was waiting for me in my mailbox this afternoon when I went to the post office. I couldn't wait to get home to open the package. Annie is so sweet and she is incredibly gifted in her crafting and I couldn't be more pleased with my stack of hearts.
I mentioned that my daughter, Amanda's birthday is also on Valentine's day so I set the stack of hearts right near her picture on the desk in our livingroom. They will go in her room after her birthday gathering with the family. Thank you so much, Annie and all the gals from CLP. You're a wonderful, gifted and talented group and I appreciate your thoughtfulness from the bottom of my heart!
Since it's getting close to Valentine's day and my sweet Amanda's birthday, I've been decorating a little bit too. We don't normally decorate for Valentine's day, mostly because I don't have any decorations for that time of year, but this year, I tried to get a little more into decorating for Amanda and her special day. I guess it's because I'm so inspired by all the creative gals who's blogs I read and visit. There is so much creativity and sharing it's hard not to get the itch to do some of it in my own home.
I saw on Debbie's blog, back at Christmas time, she had made a sweet NOEL banner using scrapbooking supplies. Since I'm also a stamper and scrapper, I thought I would make one for Valentine's day. This is how it turned out.
I know it's not very primitive looking, but it will be nice for her birthday gathering with the family. I used vintage looking Valentine stickers and heart shaped postage stamps and cancellation stamps. I added glitter to the letters since Amanda just adores glitter.
Here's a picture of the top of the hutch that I hung it on.
Well, I guess I'm off for now as I've got to get supper started. Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. Until next time, have a blessed evening! Hugs ~ Birgit

