Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wild Lynx and My Favorite Things

Here it is, Super Bowl Sunday and I'm typing away at my blog. I've got the game going in the background and dear hubby and son watch with excitment, who's going to win. We've got the woodstove going and it's snug and warm. I took Char's advice and stitched most of this Sunday away. I got two projects finished and ready for staining and another in the works that I'll share with you all in another post.

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I've got some great photo's of some wild lynx that were spotted up north by friends of ours while snowmobiling. The lynx were taking their time crossing the road while our friends looked on in curious fear. Thankfully, they had their camera handy!








The lynx weren't even afraid of the snowmobiles!!



Last week I enjoyed reading about Tammy's favorite things that began with the letter "H". I felt that I was up to the challenge and asked her to send me a letter and that I'd give it a try. Well, she gave me the letter "N". Do you know how hard it is to come up with 10 things that begin with the letter "N"? I dug deep into my thoughts and came up with some things that I would call MY FAVORITES for the letter "N".

1. New Testament ~ I love the Old Testament too, in fact I love God's word entirely!
2. Nostalgia ~ I love old stories, especially reading about life in the 1800's.

3. New Magazines ~ Okay, I'm going out on a limb with this one, but I soooo look forward to my NEW magazines each month!


4. Networking ~ I have enjoyed blogging so much more than I ever thought I would and the people I've met through doing this is priceless!
5. Nuthatches ~ well, I love all the birds that come to visit my feeders each day, but BIRDS doesn't begin with the letter "N".


6. Notepads ~ I love cute primitive notepads of all sizes and shapes. I'm an office supply junkie!
7. Needlepoint ~ or stitcheries as we all like to call them. Maybe there's a difference between needlepoint and stitcheries but you do stitchin' with the point of a needle, so I guess it's considered the same.
8. Our Nation, the good ol' USA ~ How can we not love the freedoms we enjoy and so many times take for granted. I'm so thankful for our Nation and remember our nation and it's government in my prayers.
9. Nativity ~ This should have been listed as one of the top ones, as it signifies the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
10. Neighbors ~ Mark 12:31 "The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'There is no commandment greater than these."

Since I was on a roll, here's a few more of my favorite things that I thought of that begin with the letter "N".
Narcissus
Nests
Going to Nursery's
New England
Novels (Christian romance are my fave's)
Needful's (need I say more?)


Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. If you want to be challenged, just leave me a comment and ask for a letter. I'd be happy to send you one! Until next time dear friends~ Hugs & blessings to you all! ~ Birgit