In my garden, you'll find both pink and yellow Columbine. I also just planted seeds for some purple Columbine which will hopefully come up soon and give us color as these fade away.
Our Phlox ground covers were double the size of last years mounds and just covered in pretty pink flowers!
Another great ground cover is Baskets of Gold.
We have little Jonnie Jump Ups everywhere and I love how this one jumped right up in the middle of our ground cover! This is one of my favorite pictures~ it just makes me smile. :)
We just put in this garden last year. Although the stonework isn't completed, I couldn't wait to add some plantings to it last fall.
I snapped this picture of the birdhouse a week ago before the coreopsis was in bloom because I just liked how feathery and delicate it all looked. Now, a week later, the coreopsis has grown at least another foot taller and hides the birdhouse.
This is the first flower that's opened on our Clematis. We have it trailing up an old harrow in our garden.
Another bird house that one of my kids made at least ten years ago! We cut out all the parts and helped the kids make them at my sons 6th birthday with all his friends. I love the weathered look to it!
This little fellow was watching me take pictures of "his" gardens. Of course I had to take one of him too!
It's a fun challenge trying to get a good picture of hummers. They're so quick to dart in and out of the camera lens view. Thank goodness for digital cameras!
.jpg)
More happy Jonnie Jump Ups!
Japanese Iris are just coming into full bloom.
These swallowtale butterfly's just love the lilac bush when it's in bloom.
Well I could go on and on. I just love gardening so much and taking pictures of all the feathered and furry friends that come into our yard, I must have hundreds of pictures to share. I'll save them for a later post if you want to see more of them. Thanks for walking with me today. Have a great weekend! Blessings~ Birgit

