Monday, June 22, 2009

Vintage Projects in the Rain

Well, it's finally here~ the last day of school for my kids. I thought they'd never get out of school as they had to make up days that they missed from all the snow storms we had this past winter. It's been a long year and summer break has been calling their names for a few weeks now. It's been so long since my last post as things have been crazy and chaotic here for a bit. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little more and the slower paced days that the lazy days of summer bring.

It's still raining here in Maine. We've gotten more than our share of spring rain and I'm ready to see some sun again. :) The flower beds are well watered and so is our vegetable garden. We planted three bushes about three weeks ago and thankfully, because of all this rain, they adapted quickly to their new home. Now we need some sun to make everything grow and bloom.

Being stuck inside for days on end has it's advantages. I got some much needed organizing done in my crafting space and all my windows washed. I've had a couple of little projects I was working on. The first one I'll show you is this vintage looking teddy bear I made. It's a pattern that I got from my friend, Jane, and I'm not sure if it's her own or someone else's pattern so please forgive me for not giving credit to the designer.



He'll always be in season because I can simply change the color of his bow tie according to the season and put anything in his little paws to hold. The first time I saw him was at Easter time. He was holding a basket filled with primitive eggs and I thought he was pretty cute! :)

I also made up a few more old jars using some of Susie's lables.





This is on top of my refrigerator




Remember this wooden wagon that I got from my friend Betty?



Here it is painted.



I'm still not sure where it's going to end up staying. I've been playing around with it, putting different things in it but I still haven't found the right thing or the right place for it yet.


Sorry for the fuzzy picture.

Since I organized my crafting space, I've been wanting to get back into scrapbooking (which I haven't done for a few months now). I had been given a big box a while back with some old family photo's that I wanted to put together in one of the old frames I had. This one I made using some old photo's from my father's mother's side of the family. The picture of the young girl on the right, Emmie, would be my grandmother's mother. So she would be my great grandmother and my great, great grandmother Jennie, is on the top.



Can you believe no one in my family wanted these pictures??? They told me what I don't want to throw away! Aaargh! I'm thankful to have these family photo's and it's been fun trying to figure out who's who and where they fall in my family tree. I started a heritage album over three years ago, documenting family history and it's been a work in progress ever since. My great aunt is the family historian so I got much of my family history from her. She's a member of the Mayflower Society, as we're decendants of Peregrine White, son of William and Susanna White, one of the three babies born on their first trip to the new world. Actually, he was born while ported in the harbor, but that's a post for another time.

Well, I guess that's all I have to share with you today. Thanks for stopping by to visit. I hope you all get to enjoy some sunshine this week!
Hugs~ Birgit