Again, I thank each and every one of you who have prayed for me, left comments and sent me e-mails during all this. You've all been such a great blessing to me and have truly lifted my spirits. I thank you all and wish I could give you all a big (((HUG))) in person, but please know I'm sending out cyber hugs and prayers of thanks and blessings for all of you. :o)
I've been working on my website for the last few days. I recently marked down my prices on just about everything. I listed some of my dried botanicals and scented oils if anyone is interested. You can find them in the Fixin's category.
Over the weekend I picked my first little crop of string beans from our garden.


Here's me, little Suzie homemaker, pulling my hot jars out of the water bath. LOL! Well okay, not really, but wouldn't I have loved to live back then with the old wood stove, spending hour after hour preparing veggies and canning them? Maybe not but I do enjoy it on a much smaller scale.
We just have a small garden, but I got enough to can up 6 pints of green and yellow beans.
I left a bunch of small beans on the plants hoping that they'll continue to grow. I'm also hoping that the plants will continue to grow and produce more beans. This is our first year having a garden here so I'm learning a lot on the way.
I also made up a batch of strawberry jam. It had been a couple of years since I made jam and since strawberries were on sale this week, I bought enough to make a batch of jam and freeze some whole berries for this winter. I didn't get to go strawberry picking this year because we had so much rain. Every time I had a day to go, it rained.
I'll be making up some peach jam as well as some orange marmelade.

My mom gave me a bunch of oranges that were left over from a golf tournament at the golf course where my dad works. I just love homemade jams and jelly's, don't you?? I love how the preserved goods look all lined up in the pantry. It gives me a warm and satisfying feeling knowing that we have food stored away for the winter.

Don't you just love this picture?? I do! That would be the ideal pantry, filled to the brim with home~canned goodness! Those were the days...
My mom stores all her canned goods in a cool room or as some of you might call a root cellar. It's a small little room in the basement with a old, creeky wooden door. I never used to like going down there to get whatever she needed when I was young, because I was afraid that little critters would be in there ready to jump out at me when I surprised them by walking in on their afternoon meal. LOL! I always pounded on the door and made a lot of noise before I opened that creeky door and stepped into that dark room. Now that I look back at it, it's really the most primitive room in my mothers house and as an adult, I just love it! I still knock on the door before opening it though. :)

Well, I guess that's all for now. Hope I didn't bore you too much with my ramblings about canned goods. I hope you all have a wonderful day, filled with God's richest blessings!
Comfort us... that we may be able to comfort others with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:4
Hugs~ Birgit

