Hello blogging friends~ I just thought I'd pop in here and do a quick post on what I've been up to. Summer has finally arrived here in Maine so we've been enjoying some swim time at my mom's house for the last couple of days. We're gearing up to get ready to go back to school on August 31st so we've also been doing a bit of school shopping as well. I haven't had much computer time with all the running around I've been doing. I had to go back to the doctor's for more blood tests. The results don't line up with the way I've been feeling so this time I went to my Primary Care Physician. He's done another test for my thyroid as well as my sugar level, Liver and Cholesterol. Not quite sure what's going on but my medication hasn't been changed as of yet. I go back again of Friday to go over the results. I'm a little nervouse so if you wouldn't mind saying a little prayer for peace, I'd sure appreciate it. :)
I am trying to keep myself active each day though either working in the garden, swimming or puttering around the house. I finally managed to finish a set of stacking boxes that I wanted to refinish. This is what they looked like before and they were old and faded from the sun.
This is what they look like now that they're finished. I gave them to a friend of mine for her birthday.
It was a set of 7 boxes, the largest ones are the ones I repainted. I am planning to re-paint the other four boxes in the picture above too.
My niece just had a baby so I'm a great aunt now!

His name is Javan Michael and he's just as sweet as can be! Although I've only seen him in pictures since they live in Texas, they are planning to spend Christmas here in Maine so I'll just have to be patient and wait to hold that little bundle of answered prayers.
I hope you all have a good rest of the week! Blessings~ Birgit

