Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Having a Hard Time


Herein lies my HOPE...


Hi prim friends and bloggers~
I just thought I'd pop in and say hello. It's been a couple ~ few weeks since my last post. I've been having a tough time lately getting through the days. Along with so many other folks in this tight economy, we've been struggling too. It started way back this past fall with my unexpected but necessary surgery and then the surgery for our kitty. We've got quite a bit of medical debt that we're paying on regularly, but it looks like two years before we'll be free of that. Since then, things just keep going downhill.

My hubby's pay has been cut to less than half of what he was earning, but thankfully he still has a job. There's so many people on unemployment right now, I'm glad he's not one of them. We have a little bit of money put away in our savings for rainy days and it's been raining here for a while. :o) Hopefully it will hold out until things turn around.

I also think I've come to the conclusion of closing my online shoppe which I'm really sad about because my hope had been to someday own a shop of my own filled with prims and antiques. I don't think Maine is the place to do that as there are lots of shops and business' going out right now. I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful folks through that small business. It was a real blessing and truly a gift from God!

Right from the beginning, I wanted the business to bring honor and glory to God and so I looked for ways to do that using scripture on many of my pages and offering the message of salvation on my website as well. I also prayed for each customer that He brought to me that placed an order. I always gave Him thanks for the blessing and asked Him to bless that person and their family and to put the truth of His word in their path. I was careful to tithe on all the sales and tried so hard to give the best customer service possible, by e-mailing each person individually thanking them for their order and letting them know it was on the way. I always included a little something extra in their package to let them know how much they were appreciated with a hand written note on their invoice. Sorry to ramble on about my business. I guess that's the one that's been getting me down the most.

As many of you might know, I've dealt with depression for a while and this time I just can't seem to pull out of it. There are days that I can't seem to get enough energy to do anything. I don't have the desire to craft, blog, do housework or anything. I think that might have something to do with my recent weight gain too so that doesn't help the way I feel. Please don't think of all of this as complaining. It's just been so heavy on my heart, all these things, and I guess this is a place where I can freely share. I don't really have anyone around me that I can pour my heart out to without a flood of tears so I don't open up to anyone and sadly, my hubby and I don't have that kind of relationship either.

If you've stuck with me for this long, thanks for listening. It feels good to just get this all out and off my chest. I came on mostly to check other people's blogs to try to lift my spirits and ended up signing on just so I could write about my feelings freely. Sorry I don't have any prim pictures to share with you either. As I said, this was just my way of journaling to let loose, the pains that I've been harboring for a while now. To all my followers, I'm sorry if I've disappointed you in any way or let you see a side of me that you'd rather not have seen. Anyway, thanks again if you've stayed here to read this.
Hugs and blessings to you all~ I hope you enjoy the rest of this week. Hopefully I'll be back soon and feeling better. I have an appointment with the doctor on the 10th to have my blood checked for my thyroid as I've been hypothyroid since I was a teenager and am way overdue for a TSH check. That could also have something to do with the way I'm feeling right now. I'm also having my annual physical and mammogram. Woohoo... there's something to look forward to. :) ~ Birgit