Monday, June 7, 2010

Garden Pic's and a Child's Chair Make-Over

Hello prims~ Just thought I'd pop on and post some pictures of the gardens as we've been getting them primped and ready for the season and also for Christopher's graduation party. His graduation is this coming Saturday and the following Saturday is his party. My hubby and I were working non-stop until my hubby had a bit of an accident and put a sheet of glass through his leg at work. YIKES! He called me one evening as asked if I'd come and take him to the emergency room because he refused the ambulance when the paramedics were at the job. Apparently he was taking trash from a remodel job out of the back of his truck and throwing it into the dumpster. He lost his footing and put his leg through an old storm door and the glass went right into the back of the lower part of his leg. Needless to say, he's had stitches, crutches, is currently doing physical therapy and he hasn't been able to work in the yard with me. I've accepted that it's as done as it's going to get. I'm so thankful that it wasn't worse, especially when I saw how big the piece of glass was. I've enjoyed having him home from work but I don't get as much done around the yard either because I've been spending time with him. I could really get used to the idea of him taking early retirement. hehe! Anyway, here's some pictures of our gardens as they are now.
We'll start on the patio out front... you can see I'm trying to hide the ugly white junction box on the side of our house.

This chair has remnants of old red paint, it sits in our small garden out front.



I tried to go with flowers in red, white and blue but it's hard to find true blue flowers so they're deep purple.

Here's our porch. It's small and cozy.

This is the garden cart I got at a yard sale not too long ago.

This is an old milk crate that I purchased a long time ago. Someone had put legs on it so it stands off the ground. I just love to fill it with flowers.

This is the side of the house where our driveway is.

An old harrow that belonged to my grandfather.

A birdhouse on a small old step ladder.

Moving down back, this little garden we just put in this year around an old apple tree.



It's right beside our vegetable garden. You can see how far my sweetie got before he had to stop working. Half the fence is finished. I guess it will have to wait until he's better able to walk on his leg again.

The lupines are in full bloom on the front banking. We get lots of compliments on all the lupines in the spring.

I'll close by sharing with you a make-over I did on this little folding children's chair I've had in my basement. I had it for sale in my booth at the antique shop but it never sold. Now I'm kind of glad that it didn't. Here's the before picture. I had just started to sand it and then remembered that I needed to take a picture of it.

After.....
It's found a home for now with my old Annie doll, in our living-room.


So, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Take care and be blessed! Hugs~ Birgit