Monday, July 26, 2010

Junk Finds & Monday Morning Offerings

Good morning prim friends! What a beautiful day here in my neck of the woods. The humidity has subsided for the time being and we're looking forward to some warm, dry summer days ahead. It should be great for working outside in the gardens.

My friend Lynda found this great tent sale place about 45 minutes away from where we live so she, our friend Betty and I went out for some junk shopping last week. Oh the wonderful goodies they have and the prices were amazing. The sad thing is we just recently found it and come to find out this past weekend was their last day. They were closing up for the season already. Here's some of the things I picked up there.


The wood box is huge and has finger joints. It's in great shape too. I love it but I just don't know where I'm going to put it yet. Any suggestions? The old scale, I'm in the process of cleaning that up with some steal wool as it was pretty rusted up. It's cleaning up nicely though. The cast iron pot with old green paint will go in the flower garden next year and there's two enamel ware plates. You can never have enough enamelware in my opinion, there's just so many ways to use it. The vintage green tin found a home on top of my kitchen cabinets for now. On another trip with Lynda, I picked up an old wooden shutter, a large wooden cheesebox (I keep forgetting to take pictures of them) and a long, slender wooden box that I'm not sure what it was used for but this is what I did with it.

It's sitting in the center of the farmer's table in our dining room which we finally brought up from the garage. I refinished it a couple of weeks ago and my hubby hasn't had time to bring it up. But on Sunday, up it came and I'm just loving the new look in our dining room. Here's a picture of the table before:

It's hard to tell in the picture but it was honey colored and had a very shiny finish on it. I sanded it down, painted the legs black and used dark brown briwax on the top. I like it much better now.


On another trip to the tent sale, I picked up this stoneware crock and jug. Someone had painted the crock blue with flowers but I thought it would clean up easily.

As I expected, the paint stripped off like butter with a razor blade and some steel wool.

You can't even tell there was blue paint on the outside, but on the rim where it wasn't glazed the paint still shows. Oh well, the lid covers it well so I'm happy with that little junk find. Needless to say, we'll be eagerly waiting for them to re-open again next summer. I found this next little cutie at a yard sale.

It came with all the old wooden spools of thread and the best part is that it fits perfectly over the thermostat. There's plenty of air ventilation around it since it's not completely enclosed so I think it's going to stay there. I got the books that are inside at the same yard sale.

Are you ready for today's

If you're interested in any of the gatherings just send me an e-mail. I'll get your address and send you an invoice from Paypal for the cost of the item, which will be listed plus actual shipping only. No extra charges. If I list any breakable items, I will add the cost of insurance from the postal service. Shipping will be done using USPS Priority Mail system for speedy delivery and tracking purposes.
I think I've covered everything that needs to be covered. If I've forgotten something, feel free to let me know. ;) So without any further hesitation, here's the offerings for today. I think this might be my last post for offerings as I'm getting busy with harvesting the vegetable garden.

Sunflower Gathering

You'll get an oblong wooden pan, a 4" pillar candle (new of course), five dried sunflower heads and a sunflower notepad that I added after I took the picture so here's another picture I put together.

You'll also get to choose the color, in either black or mustard for the oblong wood pan.
$20.50 + shipping

Sheep Gathering


In this gathering you'll get a wooden sheep with crow that's from Primitives by Kathy, an Americana Sheep notepad, a bag of sheep fixin's that have cute little salt dough painted sheep and a set of grubby tapers.
SOLD ~ Thanks so much!


Wood Candle Holder Gathering


This gathering has a made in the USA wooden candle holder that you can hang on a shaker peg or hook, a 6" orange spice pillar candle and a berry candle ring.
$27.00 + shipping

Don't forget you can click on any of the pictures for a larger view. You can also scroll down to see past Gatherings that are still available. If you have any questions or are interested in any of these gatherings, feel free to send me an e-mail by using the e-mail link on the top right of my side bar.

I also wanted to send out a big

to all of you who have purchased one of my gatherings. I really appreciate your kindness! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! Hope you have a great week! Blessings~ Birgit