I took many pictures of almost every display there, in between the throng of people gathered to look at the most relaxing, whimsical and unique garden displays I've ever seen. I hope you enjoy browsing through our neck of the woods and gardens.
Here in New England, much of our forests and woods are filled with evergreen trees. I guess I've always kind of taken them for granted and never seen much beauty in the 60-80 year old farmers pines on our property. To me they are humungous, pitch dripping, pine dropping trees that offer very little that is appealing to the eyes. The flower show helped me see them in a different light and showed me ways that I could use them in our natural landscaping.
Of course these pine trees aren't as enormous as the ones on our property, but still it gave me a better appreciation of the natural beauty that surrounds our home.
My most favorite displays were the ones that included water features. I love the relaxing sound of running water. We have a river that flows through our property and I so love to go outside after a good rainstorm and hear that rushing water flowing through the river.
Love the waterfalls too!
How would you like to camp here for the weekend?
Want to roast some s'mores over an open fire?
Doesn't this look peaceful and comfy?
I don't know why, but I was drawn to the stacks of stones that were in some of the displays. Do you think they really balanced them or do you think they were glued together? I wanted to touch one and see, but was afraid I'd knock down their work.
Now, what's a flower show without flowers?
Check out this seaside escape!
Picnic anyone? This entire table and benches are giant slabs of stone.
How do you like this foot bridge?
This is a small cottage room with an attached greenhouse room. I would love to build one of these! Wouldn't it be fun to prim it up and have it just to decorate?
Well, thanks for strolling through the New England Flower Show with me. Hugs & blessings to you ~ Birgit

