We've been hit with many a snow storm this winter and still recently have been getting new snow fall, freezing rain and freezing cold temperatures. We woke this morning to a balmy 7 degrees. For those of you who feel the effects of winter depression, you can understand the need for bright sunshine and warmer temperatures.
I am one of those who suffer from winter depression and believe me, it's not fun. That is the reason it's been two weeks since my last post. There are days that I can't seem to get motivated to do much, days when I'm cold inside and out and just want to sit wrapped in a blanket reading, days when I feel so alone and that nobody really cares so why bother. I have been waiting, hoping, wishing and praying for the temperatures to warm up and melt some snow and lift my spirits.
While we're still buried in snow, I have noticed that the edges of the garden closest to the house are showing signs of spring. The snow has melted about 2 feet from the house exposing the mulch beneath. This gives me hope that spring is truly around the corner. To honor the onset of spring and lift my spirits, I've decided to share some pictures of our gardens. I added one of them as the background on my computer so that I can look at the green grass and be reminded that it's not much longer before I can get outside in my gardens and start enjoying the warmer weather for real. So here you go, some spring pictures for you and me to enjoy.

May you find comfort in the arms of God, who loves you! ~Blessings ~ Birgit
"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselvs are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us." 2 Cor. 1:3-7

