Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pantry Cake Bunny and Laundry Swap Goodies

Hello and happy spring to all my blogging friends. After many days of cold and rainy weather, the sun has finally shown it's face here in Maine. I'm full of hope for the blessings that spring promises! New life, warmth and sunshine and brighter days ahead.

In my last post I mentioned that I was making a pantry cake in the tin bunny mold that I found at a thrift shop. He's been finished but I just haven't had time to post, so today I'm going to do that.
Here he is in all his glory, resting on a bed of grass.

I know it doesn't look like a traditional pantry cake, but I so wanted to make one using that mold and he'll last for years to come!


I've been adjusting to working outside the home and it's been quite a challenge learning to balance everything again. I'm not even close to finding that balance yet, as I feel like I am running constantly now to get things done at home that normally would have been done while the kids were at school. I'm hoping that I find that balance quickly. By the time I climb into bed at 8:00, it doesn't take me long before I've drifted off to dream land only to feel like I'm waking up way too early in the morning. I admire all of you women who successfully balance work, home and family. Maybe some day I'll get there too.

On Friday after I got out of work, I picked up my mail on the way to the grocery store and was so excited to find the swap that Tammy sent me for Char's Laundry room swap. I had to wait much longer than I wanted to, before I was able to get home and open this wonderful treasure trove of prim laundry goods.

I have to say before I show you all the wonderful goodies Tammy made for me, that I so enjoyed having her as a swap partner. Not only did we have fun e-mailing each other, we got to know each other and I feel like I've made a wonderful new friend. With that being said, look at all the cute things Tammy made for me.

I can't decide which of these I want to hang here on the washboard, the clothespin bag or the prim britches. Which one would you hang there?



She sent this cute laundry advertising sign that's currently hanging on the left cupboard door.


Isn't this the cutest little 1800's doll ever! I added her to the top of the cabinet in front of a box that I made quite a while ago using a Lyon & Co Clothes Peg label. Check out the old Regal Hair Life bottle. I have two of them (the other is tucked behind this one) and they are original old bottles with the original real paper label wrap.


I love these redwork stitcheries she made and especially love that she signed and dated them on the back.



She put together this sweet little bag of Fresh Laundry Fixin's that actually smells like fresh laundry!! I'll probably be putting that into a small wood bowl and setting it in there somewhere.


And here is the cutest little card she sent to go with it. I had so much fun opening this little box of treasures and I just thank you Tammy, so much for everything!!
Thanks so much for visiting me here today! Have a blessed day! Hugs~ Birgit