Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Vintage Tin Bunny Mold, Tutorial And A New Job

I was thrift shopping the other day and found this wonderful tin bunny mold.




I immediately snatched my new found treasure up with an idea of the first thing I would use it for... an Easter Bunny Pantry Cake! I got out all the fixin's I needed to make my bunny cake and it's in the oven now as I type and it smells oh so yummy!



I can't wait to see the finished project. I hope it comes out as good as I'm expecting it to. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try with one of your tin molds. You can find old tin molds at most thrift stores.
4 TBSP used coffee grounds (or more, depending on how dark you want it)
1 Cup salt
2 Cups flour
3 TBSP cinnamon, plus extra for rubbing on cake
2 TBSP ground cloves
1 Cup water (more or less to give it a damp but not runny consistency)
A few drops of scented oil (optional~ I used cinnamon oil)
Mix all your ingredients toether making sure it's not too sticky. Spray your mold with cooking spray. Press your dough into the mold, making sure to fill in all the crevices. Cook on a low heat setting in your oven for several hours. I used a 170 degree oven. About 2 hours into the baking process, I removed it from the mold and rubbed more spices on it and then let it continue baking without the mold.




When it comes out you can rub more spices on it.

*******************************************
Here's a couple of pictures of some spring decorating. Not much as I don't normally do too much for spring, but I thought I'd share what I do have.




*********************************************
I'm also going to be starting a new part time job tomorrow outside the home. I'm so excited and blessed to have gotten this job as jobs are very hard to get right now with so much unemployment. I'll be working at Pinetree Garden Seeds here in New Gloucester.

Between the tough economy and our medical bills from my surgery and our kitties, things have been pretty tight around here. I pray that this will help a little on paying down our unexpected bills. If you love to garden, vegetables, herbs or flowers, you can get a free copy of their catalog here


As for our kitty, Adventure, she still is not doing well. Upon another visit to the vet's office yesterday, she now has a bladder infection and something that they cannot diagnose there. They have recommended we see a specialist and have her bone marrow checked. Of course this brings dollar signs in my head, but she is my daughter's baby and such a part of the family. It puts me in a tough situation to make a decision so we're praying for a miracle. I know she's just a kitty but what would you do?? We would certainly covet your prayers that The Lord would meet all our needs during this trying time.

Thanks for stopping by. Hugs & blessings to you~ Birgit