skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thrifty Goodness!
Hello friends. We've been having such enjoyable weather, here in Maine. The sun has been shining and the days have been warm with a hint of fall in the air. Though I've been busy working in the flower gardens getting things cut back for winter, my heart is not ready to say good~bye to summer. I've also been working on some makeover projects outside since the weather has been so nice so I thought I'd share some of those with you. Most of these were either thrift store finds or yard sale finds, my favorite treasures to seek!
This bowl was a thrift store find that I got for $1.99 at our local Goodwill.
There are three holes on the bottom of the bowl. I'm not quite sure what they would have attached there, but that's okay. It doesn't take any charm away from the bowl in my eyes.
After giving it a coat of Antique Linen paint over black and sanding it a bit, I like it much better! It's a great color as whatever I put in it seems to pop!
Ithought this candle holder was cute but the unattractive candle was questionable.
A couple coats of flat black spray paint, a new candle and some festive fall fixin's gave it a whole new look!
This knife box is one that I've had for a while and never knew what to do with it. I finally decided maybe a make~over would inspire me to use it.
I love how it came out using the same flat black spray paint and sanding it. After that, I went over the whole thing with some walnut gel stain. I love it, but I still don't know what to do with it. Right now, I've got it sitting on a bench in my dining room with some other make-overs in it just waiting to find them all homes.

I found a set of these wooden wall sconces at a yard sale for $3.00 for the pair. I figured, $1.50 each isn't a bad price.
Sorry the picture came out so grainy, I'm not sure why, but I wanted to post it anyway. They really came out much better looking for real.
This isn't a make~over but it was a great yard sale find. I got this pewter sugar and creamer for $1.00! They're my first pieces of pewter... Woohoo!
That's all I have to share for now. All this decorating, re-painting and moving stuff around makes me want to go junk shopping again! :oP I spent yesterday cleaning and moving stuff around in my bedroom and throughout the house. I had an old frame that I've been wanting to use and I finally found the perfect picture for it.
Isn't it just the cutest picture? A young girl kneeling beside her bed in prayer. It's just so soft and sweet to look at and I really love how it looks in this old frame.

It filled up that empty space and gives me something warm to look at each night before I go to bed and when I awake in the morning. It's a gentle reminder to say my prayers and thank God for every good gift.
Have a blessed day! Hugs~ Birgit