With school starting and the onset of cooler weather, it has put me in the mood (along with many other bloggers) to start my fall decorating. I also have been moving things around and changing things completely. I love doing that because it makes things feel new and I haven't even spent a dime! So, here are some pictures of all the changes I've made.
This isn't very fall-ish, but I changed this setting completely. I generally change the top of this china cabinet to go along with the season or a theme. I took down my Americana theme and replaced it with a sewing theme. (The china cabinet holds all of my late grandmothers old china dishes that my dad bought her when he was in the Army in Europe.)
We've had this old sewing machine stored away in a box in our basement since we've moved in here 10 years ago! I completely forgot I had it until one day when my sweetie and I were talking about it. That made me go down to see if I could find it and I decided to set it up there with some other sewing themed items like some bobbins and a pin doll.
This is the top of the old step back cupboard in our dining room.
These old spice containers were finds in the wall of one of the jobs my sweetie was working at and my sister's f-i-l's old farmhouse.
I'd love to get one of the wood microwave covers to cover this someday!
I would also like to get a toaster oven cover someday too.
This is the top of our fridge and cupboards.
My son's old desk I primmed up after he didn't want it in his room any more and a shelf that my sweetie made me from an old cupboard door. I put some pictures of my kids in the small windows but don't know what to put in the large window. Any ideas? I'd love to hear them!!
Some old family photo's on top of the desk.
Our entry way. Don't pay attention to the peg hanger with the prairie hat hanging on it. That's my old country style that I just haven't replace yet.
The fireplace in our living room. I have the hardest time decorating mantels!! I don't really like what I have up there, but I don't know what else to do so it's staying for now. I made the scarecrow and pumpkin in the bottom right hand corner a few years ago.
The old pictures on the wall are hard to see here, but the long one is of Jesus as a boy surrounded by all kinds of wild animals, including a lion and a lamb. The other old picture is of a shepherd leading his flock of sheep. Maybe you can see them if you click on the picture to enlarge it. They're pretty amazing pictures that I found in an antique shop for $5.00!! The old photo on the table is my grandmother's college picture.
Another great old family photo of my sweetie's grandmother and grandfather in their younger years, walking along a city street in front of an old Walgreen shop. He was dressed in his military uniform and she is dressed in her sunday best!
This old mission rocker belonged to my great grandmother.
I made this bench when I was a senior in high school. I'd like to paint it and prim it up someday. This is another setting that I don't really like. I need some help from all you talented gals with a good eye for decorating, to help me move my furniture around and create beautiful groupings like you all have. LOL! I guess you could say, I'm design challenged. :)
Another corner in our living room.
Our other entry way. A bit dull, don't you think? LOL!
I found this bucket bench at our local goodwill several months ago and I repainted and primmed it up. I love it! Those are some homemade candles I made in old bale handle canning jars in the two middle cubbies.
that's it for my fall decorating. The only other thing I'd like to add is some fresh bittersweet if I can ever find some. Ever since I read Linda's blog last year on harvesting it, I've wanted to try it. I'm looking on the side of the road everywhere I go looking for some. I'm surprised I haven't driven off the road yet!
***************************************************
Also, on Saturday, it was so cold and rainy here it put me in a baking mood. I made two loaves of zucchini bread and a loaf of french bread.
Daryl did a job for some sweet older folks and they invited us over for dinner so I brought the loaf of french bread and some homemade jams as a hostess gift for them.
Well, I guess that's all I have to share with you for now. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week and find many blessings each day! Hugs~ Birgit

