Monday, September 28, 2009

A Visit to Saltbox Primitives

Good morning prim gals~ I hope you're all doing well and finding that the number of your blessings is plentiful. Our leaves are turning color here and the temperatures have definitely taken a drop. The frost hit our garden hard a few nights ago and now my vegetable garden is asleep for the winter. :( I was sad to see the growing season come to such an abrupt end, but I guess that's the way it is with vegetable gardens in Maine. We got 9 beautiful pumpkins, the rest of our delicata squash harvested, enough fresh green beans for one more meal and of course more cucumbers and zucchini. (I've been searching up zucchini recipes like crazy online). Truly we were blessed this year for having our first vegetable garden.



Last week, my friends Betty, Lynda and I took a little drive to Augusta, Me., our state capitol city. Yes, we saw the beautifl state house (just in a drive by) but no I didn't take any pictures. We were there for a different reason; a prim shop!! Saltbox Primitives is located at 240 Eastern Avenue, Rt. 17 in Augusta, Maine. It's a sweet country/primitive shop that is so much larger inside than it looks on the outside. This was my first visit and I'm so looking forward to going back again for their Columbus Day sale and Christmas Open House.

As I stepped inside the door, the warm scent of fresh butter and spice fixin's inspired my senses. Instantly, I was on eye~candy overload. They have everything there from candle boxes and candles to wreaths and Olde New England Furnishings (their own line of beautiful Maine made furniture). If you're ever in the area, their gathering hours are 7 days a week from 10:00-5:00




Sit back and enjoy browsing their quaint little shop and be sure to visit their website for more primitive offerings.
















Love this dry sink and cupboard!!







As for purchases, I was a good girl and only bought a set of primitive~ folk art stencils that I can't wait to use! That project I'll share in another post. I guess that's all I have for today. I do hope you enjoyed your visit here today. I love seeing you all and reading your comments so I hope you'll take the time to say hello and let me know you stopped by. Hugs~ Birgit